One of the requirements for being a Certified Stone and Tile PRO Partner is to operate your business in an OSHA health and safety compliant manner. It is not uncommon when bidding jobs with some contractors and government or state facilities that you must provide proof of having a HAZCOM and health and safety program in place. Although all Partners have full access to SafeAndCompliant.net, a Stone and Tile PRO/SurpHaces Partner your membership to safeandcompliant.net is free.
A written HAZCOM and a Safety and Health program is
designed to keep you and your staff safe in the workplace. It
may also be required by law.
• Do you have at least one employee? (Includes temporary,
• Do they use chemicals and/or cleaners in their job?
• Do they use machines or equipment as part of their job?
These are just some of the basic questions that if you answered
yes to, means that you are mandated by law to have a HAZCOM
and safety program in place and to follow it. Not having one
could have costly consequences.
Many small service companies are totally unaware that this is
required by OSHA and other agencies. As a result, many are
getting fined every day, sometimes totaling tens of thousands
— or more dollars.
SafeandCompliant.net is one of your Core benefits.
The top 10 benefits of SafeandCompliant.net are:
1. Save lives, avoid accidents and minimize health issues
for your employees and customers by having a safety
program in place.
2. Avoid potentially huge fines for not having an OSHA
required safety and HAZCOM program.
3. No need to worry about employees (or ex-employees)
or competitors or anyone else turning you in to OSHA
as a non-compliant company.
4. Be ready for an OSHA inspection at any time.
5. Provide required safety meetings and save time in
preparation with “Safety Meetings in a Box.”
6. Many general contractors are now requiring that you
provide a copy of your safety program in order to bid.
This is a growing trend.
7. Show your employees that you care about providing
them with a safe work environment.
8. Show your customers that your company complies with
OSHA requirements, etc. by posting your Certified Safe
and Compliant Company badge.
9. Avoid or minimize costly lawsuits or at least provide
your attorney with evidence that you comply with all
safety laws, etc.
10. It’s fast and easy to get your Safety Program in place.
Visit the site and familiarize yourself with this very important benefit.