What are the potential costs of not having a Health & Safety program in place, and how vulnerable are you to being faced with them?
You may think that because you are a small company, you are exempt from the potential costs. Consider the following….
- You could lose out on the opportunity to bid on certain projects if you cannot demonstrate that you have a Health & Safety program in place.
- OSHA can show up on work sites.
- Your worker’s spouse is upset that her husband is exposed to certain dangers/hazards and decides to follow up with OSHA.
- Your disgruntled employee decides to turn you in.
- Your competitor turns you in.
- An accident occurs, which results in OSHA follow up.